An internal Project Management Office (PMO) gives organizations the ability to achieve consistently successful results across their entire portfolio of projects-creating a foundation that can turn project management into a competitive advantage. Whether your organization is just beginning to explore the benefits of a formal PMO, or your existing PMO is not achieving the results management has intended, we can help take your PMO to the next level.
A Project Office fulfills two essential roles
• It provides enterprise-level Project Management Services
• It serves as a project management center of excellence
Implementing a formalized project management process in an organization that has not used a structured approach to project planning and control can present significant challenges. Our phased approach to implementation helps companies overcome resistance to change, allows lessons learned in early phases to be incorporated in the systems installed in later phases, and ensures that a solid foundation of project-level data is available prior to rolling-up enterprise-level information.
We use four implementation phases – Initiation, Project Installation, Enterprise-Level Installation and Maintenance.
Initiation Phase – This phase includes the selection of pilot projects that have the potential for near-team successes, and the communication of those success stories to the organization.
• Mobilizes the organization
• Remediates an current at risk projects
• Set the stage for the Installation phases
Project Level Installation Phase
• Provides a structured project planning and control process for all targeted
• Creates the project management infrastructure necessary to support the
consistent, successful application of project management techniques by the
Project Office on future projects
• Provides training & mentoring to the Project Office staff Enterprise Level
• Creates the infrastructure necessary to support business decision making
based on schedule, resource, and cost information “Rolled-up” from the
entire portfolio of projects
• Transitions the day-2-day responsibility for developing & maintaining
individual project plans from us to the Project Office staff
• Transitions the responsibility for supporting all of the project management
requirements of the organization to the Project Office staff
• Ensures long-term continuity by establishing project management as a core
competency & an essential function within the organization
Project Office Development
© 2014 by IngenioCorp Co.Ltd.